Job No. 2012112834
The Stores / Inventory Clerk, is primarily be responsible for monitoring inventory levels and managing material, equipment, merchandise and supplies in stock.
- Compile information on the receipt or distribution of material, equipment, merchandise or supplies and use this information to compute inventory balance, price and cost.
- Receive, sort, stock and issue material, equipment, merchandise or supplies.
- Advise employees on the appropriateness of material, equipment, merchandise or supplies.
- Monitor inventory levels as material, equipment, merchandise and supplies are issued and transferred.
- Count material, equipment, merchandise and supplies in stock and posts totals to electronic inventory records.
- Compile and maintain records of quantity, type and cost of material, equipment, merchandise and supplies.
- Compare physical inventory counts to inventory records to verify quantities and adjust errors as appropriate.
- Investigate and document inventory discrepancies as per Flynn’s policies
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish inventory as required.
- Process incoming requisitions.
- Prepare and maintain all relevant reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Education in Production Management or Inventory Management considered an asset.
- (3) years of experience in inventory management
- Experience with a computerized inventory system.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Customer service experience considered an asset.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to problem solve.