Sheet Metal Worker - Kitchener
Job No. 20100205030
The position of “Sheet Metal Worker” is a skilled labour role, in which the Sheet Metal Worker works within a team, reporting to the Site Superintendent to lay a variety of roofing and siding on industrial, institutional and commercial buildings.
- Installation of Architectural Sheet Metal applications, including Steel Roofing and Wall finishes, Composite Aluminum Wall finishes, Composite Aluminum Wall Panels and Custom Zinc or Copper applications;
- Set up and use rigging and hoisting equipment;
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riverting, welding, soldering and similar equipment;
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes;
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to work sites and experience in using powered lift equipment;
- Provide training to more junior level, less experienced Canadian workers.
- 3 years of journeyman experience or higher
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Ability to install all kinds of metal roofing, wall cladding and composite aluminum panels
- Ability to instruct apprentices and new workers
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to learn and obey our extensive company safety policy